Places to visit
There are many places to visit in Kochi. However, here is a list of places to visit and things that you can do depending on your interests and budget.
- Fort Kochi / Mattancherry is a nearby town easily approachable through road or ferry. Visit the historical sites – St. Francis Church, Jew Town, Santa Cruz Basilica, Jewish synagogue, Vasco House, Fort Kochi beach, Dutch Palace, Chinese fishing nets and watch the sunset.
- Cherai beach is a wonderful place. Visit the nearby village, enjoy the sweetness of the tender coconut juice, walk through the paddy fields.
- Visit museums and art galleries – Museum of Kerala History, Gallery of Contemporary Art, Hill Palace museum and Chaithram Art Gallery.
- Shop for handicrafts, handicrafts, clothes along Broadway, Jew Town etc.
- View a Kathakali performance.
- Take a course of relaxing Ayurvedic massage at one of the leading Ayurvedic hospitals or your hotel, if such a service is available.
- A boat-ride along the scenic backwaters of Cochin. Kettuvalams are available for trips for more than one day. Spend a few nights on board travelling up the tranquil backwaters and having freshly cooked meals prepared with freshly caught fish.
- After the rains it is the time for festivals in temples and churches. Visit temples, churches and spend the evening joyfully.
- Children and adults alike might like a visit to South India’s largest amusement park – Veega Land.
Know more about Tourism Cochin